Nominations for Director of Publications
Due to unforeseen changes within the composition of our board, we are now searching for a new Director of Publications to join us for the remainder of 2018.
Nominations require a short 250-word statement as to why you believe you are the right person for this role.
Applications close at 11:59pm on Monday the 19th of February. The successful candidate will be elected by majority via the existing BusCom board. The successful candidate can expect to be informed of their new role by the beginning of Semester 1.
Title: Director of Publications
Functional Area: Board of Directors
Reports to: Executive Director of Communications, Vice President, President, The University of Newcastle Business and Commerce Association Executive
To assist the Executive Director of Communications when and where necessary. To be active in overseeing all business relating to the communication and dissemination needs of the Association.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of external communication collateral in line with the Association’s branding and image.
- Assist in the coordination of social and associated media releases in line with the Association’s branding and image.
- Provide original drafting, editing and marketing ideas for external communication as necessary.
- Provide insight into the development and coordination of Association events.
- Source information and co-ordinate permissions relating to third party material (eg. using another company’s logo on publications such as the BusCom Bulletin).
- Ensure all sponsor collateral is disseminated appropriately and efficiently upon request.
- Shall attend Board when required.
Adobe Suite/appropriate technology competency to create posters, banners, guides, and other marketing material.